Program Educational Objectives
The core educational objectives for BE program in Mechanical Engineering are designed to produce competent engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of mechanical engineering causes and to accommodate the needs of the country. The key objectives of the department are mentioned as under :-
- To provide the students a broad exposure to all areas of Mechanical Engineering field and mould them to be technically competent by placing them ahead in the race for quality employment.
- To enable the students to acquire practical experience in discipline through design projects and opportunities to work with faculty in research.
- To train the students and enable them to meet the technological challenges and diverse needs of industry and society in various areas of Mechanical Engineering and equip them to excel in a global industry.
- To provide students with the necessary skills and practical experience to fulfill their professional duties and responsibilities in teamwork, ethics, technical leadership, business acumen and life long learning and R&D.
- To provide students with the fundamental technical knowledge and skills in mathematics, science and engineering to recognize and solve problems in the areas of design, thermal and manufacturing.
- To make the students be in a position to practice professionally in various positions in industry or government and succeed in graduate or other professional schools.
- To make the students put constant efforts to improve the quality life in all walks of life by solving wide range of problems.
- To mould the students to become future engineers, scientists, researchers, and innovators as well as managers so that they can make substantial contributions to the society of mechanical engineers.