Program Educational Objectives
The following program education objectives are developed with the goal of preparing students to enter a modern civil engineering workforce and to be successful in their career and profession. The educational objectives are consistent with the university, college and department missions as well. The objectives are:
- To ensure that graduates will have a mastery of fundamental knowledge, problem solving skills, engineering experimental abilities, and design capabilities necessary for entering civil engineering career and/or graduate school.
- To produce graduates that have the knowledge and skills necessary for identifying and assessing design alternatives and the related social, economic, environmental, and public safety impacts.
- To produce graduates who have verbal and written communication skills necessary for successful professional practice.
- To prepare graduates to function effectively on teams.
- To prepare graduates to deal with ethical and professional issues, taking into account the broader societal implications of civil engineering.
- To prepare graduates for professional licensure, leadership roles and life-long learning.